13 Healthy Vegan Breakfast Ideas
If you’ve just adopted the whole plant-based lifestyle, you might be confused about what other than oats can start your day. Before deciding what you should eat for breakfast, focus on a plant-based breakfast that suits your taste preferences. Do you like savory? Or are you more of a sweets person? Maybe you want something light to start your day? There are dozens of plant-based breakfast recipes that can start your day.
Vegan breakfast items are nutrition-dense and relatively low in calories. You can have a heart satisfying meal that keeps you full so that you don’t face junk food cravings during the day. Go with what you feel is right for you. Here are 13 Vegan Breakfast recipes to satisfy your hunger.
- Banana French Toast – It’s a super easy recipe to satisfy your cravings. All you need to do is blend the bananas with rice or oat milk and cinnamon until smooth. Soak the bread in the mixture for almost 30 seconds. Transfer into a frying pan and toast them until brown, and you’re all set to go.
- Whole Grain Pancakes – This recipe allows you to enjoy your favorite food without leaving the vegan diet. Mix pancake mixture with hemp milk and cook your lovely pancake. You can top this recipe with fruits, cashew butter, or nut butter.
- Avocado Crispbreads – If you don’t want anything heavy to start your day with, try this lighter version of avocado toast. Replace your regular bread with something lighter like whole-grain rye crisps. You can top this with lemon, radish slices, and your favorite herbs. This recipe is crispy and slightly nutty that will keep you full.
- Plant-based oatmeal muffins – Want to satisfy your sweet tooth? These muffins are easy to make, and you can even store them in the refrigerator to use them all week long.
- Vegan Breakfast Paninis – Want something heavy to keep you full? These paninis will satisfy your hunger without adding extra calories. Thanks to the resins that you won’t have to add extra sugar. Just whip ripen bananas with peanut butter and whole grains bread, and you’re all set to go.
- Vegan Burrito – Lie a tortilla down and stuff with black beans, corn, cilantro, rice, and vegan sour cream. This mouth-watering recipe is even perfect for your brunch. You can store these in an air-tight container wrapped in an aluminum foil and reheat them whenever you want to eat.
- Fresh Fruit Salad – This dish is fresh, filling, and tasty. You can make this a night before and store it in the refrigerator. Just don’t add bananas if you’re keeping it overnight.
- Chia Seed Pudding – These little seeds are filled with Vitamin B, magnesium, and protein. Chia seeds after mixed with water form a gel-like structure in your stomach and keep you full. If you prefer something sweet in the morning, this is perfect for you. Just take 3 or 4 tablespoons of chia seeds and mix it with cashew or coconut milk, you can add maple syrup for sweetness and fresh toppings like strawberries, kiwis, nuts, etc.
- Vegan Green Smoothie – Take frozen bananas or any other frozen fruits of your choice, mix them with almond or soy milk. Add two cups of spinach or kale or mixed leafy greens and ice cubes in the blender. If you like your smoothie sweet, add 2 or 3 dates for sweetness. This smoothie is naturally sweet, creamy, and thick.
- Apple cake with Cinnamon Custard – Make regular cake batter with almond or cashew milk and add apples and cinnamon to it. For sweetness, you can toss the apples in maple syrup before adding it to the batter. Bake the cake. For custard use any non-dairy milk and boil it until it thickens. Add coconut sugar for sweetness and cinnamon powder for flavor. Mix well and add cornstarch to the mixture. Pour the custard over the cake and serve it hot.
- Sweet Potato – If you’re going grain-free or gluten-free, this recipe is perfect for you. Just bake the sweet potato and top it off with whatever you like. You can use vegan sour cream or Icelandic yogurt with it.
- Pecan Pie Overnight Oats – Take a medium-size skillet and combine pecans, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg until toasted. Set aside for a few minutes. For overnight oats, mix oats, milk, and vanilla in a bowl and store it in the refrigerator for overnight or 5 hours. Serve oats with pecan mixture on top.
- Sprouted Lentils and Avocado Toast – Want something crunchy and nutrition-filled to start your day? Sprout the lentils, it will take 2 or 3 days. Saute onion in half teaspoon oil until translucent. Now, add ginger and cook well for 3 mins. For flavor, you can add spices, herbs, and salt to the mixture. Mix tomato and cook well for 2 mins. After this, add sprouted lentils and let sit for a few mins so that flavors blend in very well. For the avocado toast, mash avocados and spread on the bread or toast. Serve the avocado toast with a spicy lentils mixture.
To Sum Up
Breakfast doesn’t have to be all eggs or oats. If you’re going plant-based or you are cutting dairy products from your mornings, we have prepared the most delicious vegan breakfast ideas for you. These recipes are nutrition filled and totally delicious. You can choose any recipe to start your day based on your preferences.