If you have just decided to turn vegan or have been practicing a vegan lifestyle for a while now, sometimes you might feel overwhelmed while making sandwiches. But, as we all know, sandwiches are a leisurely go-to lunch, and you can make a rich and nutritious sandwich. The only step you have to do is get creative with your ingredients and food combination. In the following article, we have enumerated a few of the best recipes for making vegan sandwiches.
Avocado Vegan Sandwich
The following recipe is one of the most simple sandwich recipes you will ever encounter. All it takes is about 5-10 minutes, and you’re good to eat.
- Bread of your choice
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- Lettuce of your choice
- Any creamy sandwich spread
Take the slice of bread, lightly toast them, add any cream base like vegan mayonnaise or vegan spread, and spread it evenly on the bread. Then, layer the avocados, tomatoes, onions, and lettuce, and you’re good to go.
Vegan Pulled Pork Sandwich
- 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 cups of jackfruit.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2-3 cups vegetable stock
- Vegan barbeque sauce
Directions To Make:
- Preheat your oven at 350°C for 20 mins.
- Add the olive oil into a large pan and let it get a bit hot. Add garlic cloves and diced onions and cook until the raw smell disappears.
- To this, add the jackfruit and spices.
- To this, add the vegetable stock. Cover and let it simmer for 45 mins.
- Spread this evenly on a baking dish and bake for 75 mins. The jackfruit will appear to have a deep brown color.
- Add vegan barbecue sauce over jackfruit and serve them on vegan buns, and your vegan-filled pork sandwich is ready to be done.
Vegan BLT Sandwich
The vegan BLT sandwich is a three-ingredient sandwich that comprises three components. The B stands for bacon which is fried or roasted eggplant. L is for lettuce, and T is for Tomatoes.
- Your choice of bread
- 5-6 slices of thin eggplant
- Hummus or any other vegan spread
- White or red onions
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- And green lettuce
Toast the bread slightly. Next, in a skillet, add oil and start frying the eggplant. Cook on both sides and keep it aside. On the bread, spread vegan mayonnaise or hummus and start layering the bread with onions, on top of that eggplant, followed by tomatoes and lettuce. Top it with another piece of bread, and your vegan BLT sandwich is ready.
Chickpea Salad Vegan Sandwich
- 15oz of chickpeas
- Sliced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder and onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce or any other preferable leafy vegetable.
- Mash chickpeas in a medium mixing bowl with a potato masher until a chunky texture is achieved.
- Stir in the chopped onion, pepper, vegan mayo, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper, to this, and keep stirring until it is combined well.
- To create the sandwich, pour the mixture onto the bread and top with your favorite leafy greens.
- Wrap in baking paper and tie the sandwich with a rubber band to keep it together
These were just a few simple vegan sandwich recipes that you can make in no time. The recipes are pretty simple, and you can add more to these recipes by using vegan mayonnaise and some side dishes like vegan salad, making it a perfect meal for your lunch.