What you eat plays a massive role in shaping your health and overall wellness. That’s why many people have accepted veganism to take a step further toward healthy living. If you, too, are living a plant-based life, congrats that you’ve chosen an amazing lifestyle. However, people who have been on a plant-based diet for a considerable time often get bored of eating the same type of food. It’s because the options are limited when we talk about vegan food items. But do you know vegan recipes are as delicious as normal recipes? All you need is a bunch of the right ingredients and the recipes you’ll read here today.
For those of you who want a hearty meal after a tiring day, here are 3 delightful and efficient plant-based recipes for different occasions. Whether you’re a long-time vegan or just starting now, the list includes recipes perfect for everyone.
Vegan Mac and Cheese (For Weekends Or Get-Togethers)
You might be missing the classing mac and cheese since you’ve adopted veganism but not anymore as this recipe uses plant-based ingredients that deliver the same taste.
How to make Vegan Mac and Cheese?
- Keep aside two small ramekins after lining them with baking paper. Put 20g raw unsalted cashews soaked in boiling water for 1 hour, ½ tsp agave syrup, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1½ tbsp tapioca starch, 1½ tbsp nutritional yeast flakes, and 40g melted coconut oil in a blender to form a mixture for vegan cheese.
- Take a saucepan and pour the sauce in it and cook over medium heat. Make sure you keep whisking, or else the liquid will turn lumpy. Now turn off the heat and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes. After that, pour it in the two ramekins you’ve prepared and cover. Next, put them in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Now heat the oven to 200 degrees F. Meanwhile, take a saucepan and boil water in it. Now cook 1 small roughly chopped carrot until soft. Next, transfer the carrot into the blender and set it aside.
- Boil the pasta in the same water you’ve cooked carrot, and while it’s boiling, add plant milk 400ml, white miso 2 tbsp, coconut oil 60g, onion powder ¼ tsp, mustard powder ¼ tsp, tapioca starch 1 tbsp, nutritional yeast flakes 1 tbsp, and essential salt ¼ tsp in a blender and blend well.
- After the pasta is cooked, add the creamy sauce to the saucepan. Next, take out the vegan cheese you’ve prepared and sprinkle it all over. Next, transfer the dish into a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes and then for another 15 minutes. Finally, vegan Mac and cheese is ready to serve.
Tip – You make the vegan cheese in large quantities and store it for later use also.
Vegan Black Bean Tacos (Quick Recipe For A Busy Day)
Not every day is bright and gloomy. So, for long tiring days when you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, this recipe will be your lifesaver.
How to make vegan black bean tacos?
- To start, heat oil in a frying pan and add garlic. Fry a bit and add 500 gms of canned beans. Next, pour 3 tbsp cider vinegar, 1 ½ tbsp ground cumin, 1 ½ tbsp honey, salt as per taste, and 1 ½ tbsp smoked paprika.
- For the guacamole, take 2 avocados, 1 small garlic clove, 1 green chili, juice 1 lime, and 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander and crush well in a large mixing bowl. Remember you want the guacamole to be chunky and not smooth.
- Make the salsa by adding 1 finely diced green chili, a small handful of freshly chopped coriander, 1small diced white onion in a small bowl. Now take a pan and heat up the tortillas and the bean mixture you’ve prepared before.
- To serve, lay 2 tbsp of bean mixture on the heated tortillas. Next, top with salsa and a big spoon of guacamole. You can also use any hot sauce and coconut yogurt to serve.
Vegan Crunchy Broccoli Salad (Substantial Salad Meal)
Salads don’t have to be planned and boring. Try this recipe when you want to eat something healthy but delicious.
How to make the broccoli salad?
- Wash and chop 4 cups of broccoli, 1small white onion, and 1 cup carrot.
- Take a large bowl, add ¾ cup homemade or store-bought Vegan Mayo, and 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar. Now add the chopped broccoli, carrots, and onion and coat well with the dressing. Next, sprinkle dried sunflower seeds and dried cranberries for crunch. Also, don’t forget the salt and pepper.
- Let the salad sit for 8 to 10 minutes before serving. You can also store the leftovers in an air-tight container for reuse.
Whether you’re new to veganism or you just want to eat a delicious meal to end the day, there are plenty of easy vegan recipes you can try. You’ll be amazed to see how simple ingredients create magic when brought together. Also, the recipes mentioned above do not require hours of prep, so you can quickly make them for any surprise guests, weekend dinners, or get-togethers.