We all care about our skin and try to keep it as beautiful and as healthy as possible. Is it always necessary that in order to take care of your skin, you need to harm animals and take the lives of these innocents? Not at all. While it is ultimately your choice whether you would like to switch to vegan skin products or not, why not keep it vegan rather than harming other lives. All lives are equally important, and we as humans need to protect other small living creatures who are weak and need help to sustain this rivalry-filled world.
Just because you won’t get the healthiest fat of a fresh cow doesn’t mean your skin won’t shine with vegan alternatives; instead, vegan products are much better than skincare products with animal by-products in them. Here are some homemade vegan skincare products that you can prepare by yourself without investing a high amount of money or ending some innocent animals’ lives.
- 1 What Is Vegan Skincare Or What Makes A Skincare Product Vegan?
- 2 DIY Deodorant
- 3 Things you will need for a DIY deodorant:
- 4 Instructions to prepare the deodorant:
- 5 Facemasks
- 6 Things you will need for a DIY facemask:
- 7 Instructions to prepare the facemask:
- 8 DIY Moisturizer
- 9 Things you will need for DIY moisturizer:
- 10 Instructions to prepare DIY moisturizer:
- 11 Final words
- 12 Related
What Is Vegan Skincare Or What Makes A Skincare Product Vegan?
Those products manufactured without adding any essence or extract from any animal tissue are called vegan products. They may include stuff like egg whites or beeswax, gelatin, cholesterol, and many other ingredients extracted from animals after harming them. Adding these ingredients will also increase the overall cost of the product.
With such highly valued lives being sacrificed and then having these substances extracted from them is cruel and harms the overall ecosystem. So, to ensure that our ecosystem remains conserved, you can use the following homemade vegan beauty products that are good at maintaining your skin and give a long-lasting effect.
Deodorants contain not only chemicals but also some antimicrobials and other stuff that are carcinogenic. This, in turn, affects both your reproductive health as well as cancerous conditions. Thus, it is necessary to replace your deodorant with some vegan deodorant that you can easily make at home and without any mess or harm to your body.
Things you will need for a DIY deodorant:
- Shea butter
- Coconut oil- 2 tablespoon
- Teatree oil- 5 drops
- Rose oil- 5 drops
- Bicarbonate of soda- 3 tablespoon
- Arrowroot powder or cornflour about 2 tablespoons
Instructions to prepare the deodorant:
- Add about an inch of water to a pan and place it on medium heat.
- Now, place a bowl inside the pan and add in shea butter and coconut oil and stir the mixture.
- Keep on stirring it until completely melted, remove the bowl, and add the rest of the ingredients and mix till they have combined.
- Transfer the prepared mixture to an empty deodorant bottle and let it set.
With this process, you can create a deodorant at home, which is entirely harmless and free of toxins.
What could beat a little time to yourself with your own unique homemade face mask on a Sunday morning! Two ingredients are all it takes to revitalize your skin. You can ensure that your skin stays healthy all time, every time!
Things you will need for a DIY facemask:
- Half a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Half a teaspoon of ground coffee beans
Instructions to prepare the facemask:
- Mix both the ingredients together and apply the mixture to your face.
- Use a circular motion to let the ingredients absorb into your skin
- Leave the mixture on for 15 minutes, or even up to an hour. The time varies based on the size of your pores.
- Wash off the mask with warm water and get beautiful glowing skin.
One of the main advantages of this facemask is that it is both a facemask and a face scrub, which means you get two in one! Using this mixture at least 2 to 3 times a week will result in perfect skin with no skin problems whatsoever!
Be it winter or summer; you need a moisturizer by your side to keep your skin nourished. There are similar products available in the market, but they usually include animal fats. So, to create an excellent cruelty-free moisturizer at home, here is one of the recipes you can try without having to spend much.
Things you will need for DIY moisturizer:
- Shea butter- 3 tablespoons
- Vitamin E oil- 1 tablespoon
- Myrrh essential oil- 5 drops
- Apricot seed oil- 3 tablespoons
- Aloe vera gel- 1 tablespoon
Instructions to prepare DIY moisturizer:
- Use a pan with water and place a bowl inside the pan with water, keep it on a medium heat
- Add the shea butter to the bowl and melt it and let it cool for a short time
- Once the butter has cooled down, whisk in the oils and aloe vera gel. Mix them well.
- Once it reaches a creamy consistency, transfer it to an already prepared container.
- Apply the cream as required for perfect nourishment.
Shea Butter is one of the best ingredients for skin care and will keep your skin moisturized for a longer amount of time. Other essential oils also give you a good smell for a long time without putting on any perfumes when you go out. This moisturizer is a vegan cream, which will not harm your skin, and hence you can use them for both your body and face.
These easy-to-do vegan skincare recipes are easy enough for any person to follow. They are budget-friendly and will leave you with the best-nourished skin around. Not only are they easy and healthy, but being vegan, they are also ecologically friendly. Take care of yourself and the environment today.