It’s not quite hard to eat a healthy snack when you are home and have a fridge filled for your disposal, but what about when you are at your workplace stuck at your desk? We all have experienced a time where we are hungry, stressed, and tempted to eat something unhealthy during work. Supermarkets and your office vending machine will provide you with snacks packed with a high amount of salt, sugar, and unhealthy fat, which might leave you frustrated on what to eat and what not to. Instead of consuming food that will leave you bloated, tired, and feeling uneasy all day long, keep some healthy vegan snacks in your desk drawer that can be a quick and healthy grab whenever you are hungry. Listed below are some of the savory vegan recipes that are healthy and satisfactory in comparison to unhealthy, packed snacks.
Sweet Potato Tots
These easy and quick sweet potatoes tots are crunchy from the outside, soft on the inside, and are full of flavors. This recipe needs only seven ingredients. Listed below are the ingredients and instructions that you will need to prepare this healthy and satisfactory snack.
Ingredients required are
- Three large sweet potatoes.
- One tablespoon of smoked paprika.
- One tablespoon of garlic powder.
- ½ tablespoon of onion powder.
- ¾ tablespoon of sea salt.
- One tablespoon of coconut oil + 1 tablespoon of coconut oil for brushing.
- Two tablespoons of cornstarch.
Instruction to prepare this recipe
- Firstly preheat your oven to 425°F. Line up to the baking sheet with well-greased parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Set a pot of water to boil. Later add those three potatoes and let them boil for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove them from the pot by making sure that they are soft from the inside with the help of a knife or fork. Run some cold water over the pot and leave it for 5 minutes for cooling down. Once the potatoes are cooled, you can use your fingers or spoon and peel the skin off.
- With the help of a large grater, grate these finely boiled potatoes.
- Take a large bowl to add the grated potatoes, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, cornstarch, and one tablespoon of coconut oil. Use a spatula and mix all the things together.
- It’s time to form the mixture into the tots. You can form tots and keep all of them on the baking sheet. Make sure that there is more than sufficient space in the tots.
- With the help of regular silicone or pastry brush, apply the coconut oil on both sides of the tots.
- Bake them for 40 minutes. You can flip the outer side in the gap of 20 minutes to get both sides golden brown.
- After that, take it out of the baking oven and serve hot with your favorite dip.
Roasted chickpeas make for a tasty snack! They are a bit spicy, perfectly seasoned, and easy to make. Below listed are the ingredients and instructions used to make this recipe.
- Cooked chickpeas can either be homemade or canned.
- Garlic powder.
- Smoked paprika powder.
- Olive oil.
- Drain the canned chickpeas and let them dry with the help of a clean dishcloth.
- In a bowl, mix the chickpeas with olive oil, and with the help of a spatula, mix them together.
- It is required that you heat the oven to 350°F before putting the food in it. Next, use parchment paper and line up the baking sheet.
- After that, spread your chickpeas over the baking sheet and bake them for about 25 minutes straight.
- After 20 minutes, take the chickpeas out of the oven and put all of them in one bowl. Add garlic powder, smoked paprika powder, and salt and mix them till the chickpeas are completely covered.
- Make your chickpeas crunchy and very brown by keeping them on the baking sheet for nearly ten extra minutes.
Salted Edamame Beans
Salted edamame beans are one of the simplest easy recipes, which is healthy, appetizing, and satisfactory. This recipe needs only three ingredients and is cooked in under 6 minutes. Below are the ingredients and instructions required to make this recipe.
- One cup of frozen or fresh edamame beans.
- Freshly ground salt or kosher salt.
- Fresh chili flakes or ground chili.
- Make the edamame beans soft by soaking them in warm water for about five minutes.
- After boiling, strain them properly and put them in a fresh bowl. Add salt and chili according to your liking.
- Place a second bowl on top of it and mix it well until the beans are covered with salt and chili. And it’s done.
A Carrot cake protein bar is filled with proteins, veggies, healthy fat, gluten-free, dairy-free, and low-carb. This recipe only takes ten ingredients and 10 minutes to be prepared. Listed below are the instructions and ingredients required to make this healthy vegan snack.
- Dates, raisin, and walnuts.
- Protein powder.
- Cinnamon powder.
- Almond milk.
- Coconut oil.
- Firstly start by grinding dates and raisins in a grinder to break them down. Add walnuts, protein powder, two tablespoons of almond milk, cinnamon, allspice, salt, and pulses. Then grind them again. The mixture will look just like fine flour with little chunks in it.
- Secondly, add some carrots into the mixture and blend it for about 30 seconds or more.
- Line up 7×5 small glass dishes with parchment paper. Place the mixture in one layer on the parchment paper and press it together.
- Now it’s time to prepare the icing. You need to mix the remaining protein powder with a little coconut oil, almond milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Combine it thoroughly. Once combined, it will have the texture and consistency of icing.
- Spread the icing on your carrot cake bar. Place in the refrigerator to set.
- After one hour, slice them into thin pieces, and they are ready to eat.
Mango Fruit Roll-ups
This mango fruit roll-up has 100% fruit with no added sugar or any other ingredients. It is a healthy fruit roll-up without a dehydrator. This recipe only needs one ingredient. Below listed are the instructions and ingredients required to make this recipe.
- Four cups of diced ripe mango or three large mangoes.
- Before baking, heat the oven to 175°F. Parchment paper and silicone can be used as baking sheets.
- Drop the mango slices in a food blender with a food processor and blend until smooth.
- You need to make sure that the paste is divided into 2 equal halves. Use a spatula and spread the paste on the paper as evenly as you can.
- Place it into the oven and bake it for about 3 to 4 hours. When the paste is dry to touch and pliable, flip the roll upside down and bake it until the other side is ready and fully dried.
- When all baked, place the wax paper on top of the roll-up. Peel off the role of and wax paper together, cut them into long strips, and roll-up of the strips.
- If you keep the roll-ups in an airtight container, it will stay good for a week.