Fruits and Veggies for Your Blood
For the maintenance of a proper and healthy body, the circulation of blood proves to be a vital factor. The supply of essential substances, be it oxygen or food, is done through the circulatory system of our body. The oxygen is carried in the blood, which supplies it to all parts of the body through the blood vessels. The digested food is absorbed by the blood vessels in the gut region, and the nutrients are distributed all over the body. Hence, for the proper maintenance of our body functions, it is vital to ensure that our circulatory system is fine.
Many times, it happens that our body fails to properly circulate blood through the vessels in some regions of the body, primarily the peripheral areas. This results in the insufficiency of blood (hence oxygen and nutrients) in that region of the body. Therefore our body often feels numb and shows other side effects in response to the impact. Fruits and vegetables are very essential and crucial factors that help in the proper circulation of blood.
First, let’s understand the facts related to blood circulation and symptoms:
The blood in our body flows through a minute tube-like structure called the blood vessels. The vessels start from the heart, from where it branches out into finer and finer tubes as it reaches the tip of our body. The flow of the blood is basically regulated by two things— pressure from the heart and resistance provided by the vessels. So either of these can directly impact the rate of blood circulation.
Generally, if a person is suffering from high blood pressure, then the blood vessel starts to harden and limit the blood flow. If the pumping of blood from the heart is not with sufficient pressure, then it adds on to the problem.
SYMPTOMS OF POOR BLOOD CIRCULATION:
The first and foremost factor diagnosing a particular disease is to understand the symptoms. The common symptoms that you can observe are:
- Numbness or Tingling Sensation: As the blood flow is cut off, your body part will feel numb after some time. Though, this generally happens if we sit in one position for too long, check the frequency of happening. If it is too high, you might have poor blood circulation.
- Muscle Cramps: Since the muscles don’t get the required oxygen because of lack of supply, you may frequently experience cramps.
- Pain: You might also experience pain and discomfort in the body in the peripheral regions.
- Erectile Dysfunction: If you have diabetes and other diseases that result in poor circulation, you may experience erectile dysfunction.
Note that all the symptoms occur simultaneously in the body. Even if you don’t have this, healthy eating habits will only prevent them from happening.
FOODS YOU MUST INCLUDE IN YOUR DIET
Some fruits and veggies that you must add in your daily diet to help you keep the body blood circulation prime and proper. They are:
- Fruits: Fruits are rich in antioxidants and fibers. A prime source of vitamins, these benefit your heart by lowering the cholesterols and the blood pressure.
- Avocado: These attack the bad-cholesterols in our body and hence ensure good flow in the vessels.
- Banana: This lowers the blood pressure in the body. Maintained blood pressure prevents blood vessel thickening.
- Berries: It lowers blood pressure and stiffening of vessels.
- Citrus Fruits: These fruits rich in vitamin C reduce the internal clotting of the blood and hence aids in normal flow in the vessels.
- Pomegranates: The fruit is filled with antioxidants that help in regulating your blood flow.
- Veggies: These are a rich source for increasing the levels of nitrogen in our body, which helps in relaxing the arterial walls. They also add fibers and nutrients, which benefit the heart as well.
- Beetroot: It lowers the blood pressure and also helps in healthy blood vessels.
- Carrot: Rich in antioxidants, apart from the vitamin requirements, carrots also help in lowering the blood pressure.
- Onion: It has antioxidants that decrease the heart related disorders.
- Pumpkins: It provides you with vitamin E, which prevents the thickening of the vessels.
- Spinach: Rich in iron, these help in circulation by increasing the blood vessel size.
- Spices: Including these spices into your daily diet can help with cardiovascular problems. These decrease the levels of LDL in our body and control cholesterol levels.
- Cayenne Pepper: Its component helps in relaxing the blood vessels.
- Cinnamon: Studies have found its use in lowering the blood pressure.
- Garlic: Adding a little garlic to your diet can do wonders for your vessels.
- Ginger: It is excellent for your heart. Gingers have anti-inflammatory properties. They are also good for hearts and help in lowering blood pressure.
- Turmeric: It also shows an anti-inflammatory property. It helps in improving circulation and also heals the body.
- Nuts: These small snacks are great for your heart. They have positive effects in lowering the bad cholesterol in the body and improving the health of your heart. Since they are also rich in calories, do not have too many servings at once.
- Almond: Rich in antioxidant properties, these are experimentally seen to improve blood circulation.
- Chestnuts: It helps in improving the arteries.
- Hazelnuts: It contributes to improving heart
- Sunflower Seeds: These come packed in antioxidants that help in improved circulation.
- Walnut: Rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, they improve circulation.
- Bonus: Baffled at the sight of only veggies and fruits? Don’t worry. There are some foods that you love, that can show similar results.
- Dark Chocolate: It relaxes the blood vessels ensuring a higher flow of blood through them.
- Healthy Fats: Coconut meat, coconut oil, and Olive oil are a great source of fatty acids and improve your heart in small quantities.
- Antioxidant teas: Teas like green tea and others have found to have an effect on maintaining a healthy heart.
OTHER THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
To Include In Daily Diet
- Drink lots of water. This increases the fluidity of your blood and makes the flow easier.
- Stop smoking. Nicotine, the addictive compound found in the cigarettes is responsible for restricting blood flow by thickening the vessels.
- Move around. Shake your legs and arms around. Do not sit at a place motionless for too long.
If You Suffer From poor blood circulation:
- Get a hot shower. Massage your body, especially the area in which you are facing trouble with hot oil.
- Use compression socks. These socks ensure the blood is circulated to and fro.
- Treat your other disease, which leads to it.
- There are supplements providing essential vitamins that are needed for proper circulation if you are unable to get them from your diet. Consult a dietician before taking one.
- Aspirin can help thin the blood and alleviate clotting. Consider a low-dose daily regimen as recommended by your doctor.
Adding small healthy food habits into your diet will ensure that your body is not lacking in any essential nutrients or vitamins. This will benefit your heart and hence overall health. Having a good circulation maintains the body and also makes the body capable of withstanding any unprecedented situations.
A healthy body is made by several factors. One cannot govern the external factors, but we can regulate our lifestyle. Choose the best one for yourself.