Choosing plant-based drinks, for many individuals, are due to their own medical or physical reasons. Vegan drinks are good for those who cannot tolerate/consume dairy products like cow’s milk. It has been discovered that most Americans have an intolerance, allergies, and sensitivities to food. Therefore, they switch to drinks that are plant-based. The allergies and sensitivities to milk differ from individual to individual, so milk is removed from their diet for health reasons. We all know that the festive season is arriving, and so the best way to fuel us through holiday drinks is to add some delicious and seasonal flavors. You can substitute milk/dairy items with plant-based milk to keep you cozy and warm. The vegan holiday drinks are a steamy option to deal with cold and short days. Therefore, to enjoy the festive drinks, here is a list of people who are above 21.
Very commonly known as Mulled Wine is made of red wine and mulled spices. It is alcoholic and always served warm or hot. During the Christmas season, this holiday drink is served to the guests to beat the cold. The fragrant mulled wine is a staple drink for winters, and it is very easy to make. This drink has been in tradition for centuries and needs citrus fruits, like lemons, oranges, spices like cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, peppercorn, ginger, or cardamom to prepare. A cup full of this drink has many health benefits.
- It reduces the risk of heart disease.
- It slows down aging factors.
- It helps in boosting the brain.
- It fights inflammation.
- Best for osteoporosis patients.
- Work wonders to improve gut health, indigestion, and constipation.
- It has painkilling and antiseptic properties.
- It is an effective liver tonic and helps in better functioning of the liver and kidneys. (Detoxing)
- It increases immunity to fight infection and can help beat a cold.
As soon as the Christmas holiday season starts, candy canes become everybody’s favorite. To serve your guests with the best vegan drinks, adding in a candy cane is the perfect option. Its aroma and peppermint flavor are very refreshing. It is perfectly balanced with a minty and sweet flavor and can be made very easily. Studies have proven that peppermint found in this drink has some real health benefits.
- It is very helpful in treating gut problems, nausea, menstrual cramps, and irritable bowel Syndrome. (IBS)
- Due to the high consumption of alcohol during the Christmas season, people have headaches, stress, anxiety, cold, and cough. This drink can fight all these problems.
- It helps in lowering inflammation pain of the intestines.
- Its smell is very tempting, and the scent of peppermint perks you up.
People make meal plans for their festive season. Apple Cider is one such drink that fills your house with its scent. You can make this drink with or without alcohol. You can also add some heat and spices to make it more appealing. This drink has many health benefits as it is rich in yeast, proteins, and healthy bacterias. It also has acetic acid and other compounds. It offers health benefits if consumed in limited quality, either in diluted form or as a cooking supplement. The benefits include-
- Improves blood sugar level and immunity
- Reduces blood pressure and body weight.
- Reduces fatigue, risk of cancer, and sinus problems.
- Improves digestion, hair, and skin growth.
- Its antimicrobial properties prevent stomach issues.
For individuals who follow a vegan diet, drinks with vitamin B12 help in restoring the required nutrients for the body. As our body does not produce this vitamin itself, it should be included in our diets. Intake or consumption of blueberry, pomegranate, pineapple, and mango juice can provide all the nutritional benefits of vitamin B12. To health-conscious adults, a healthy and balanced diet helps in reducing the risk of vitamin deficiency. These juices are sugar-free, so they are very safe for people with diabetes. These should supplement your diet on a daily basis. Some health benefits are-
- Increased energy level and production of RBC (Red blood cells) to fight weakness.
- Reduces the risk of heart problems and osteoporosis.
- Protects children from brain and spinal cord defects during pregnancy.
- Improves your mood, memory function, and controls the risk of macular degeneration in the eyes.
The days are gone when sweet, buttery, and smooth caramel was wrapped in candies. Now, Caramel syrup is used to add flavor to your cold or hot coffee, drinks, milkshakes, and cocktails. It’s a vegan drink with no allergens, dairy-free, no artificial colors or flavors. It is a gluten-free, non-preservative, and sugar-free product. Serving this drink hot or cold to your guests or adding it to your daily diet has many health benefits. It is low in fats and a good source of energy. It enhances the flavor of foods and can be used as the best beverage option against fattier drinks.
Whether it’s coffee, cocoa, or vanilla beans, a cup of warm, creamy, and freshly made drink is enough to get your day started. These beans are found inside the pods, which needs to be cut and opened. These beans are fragrant and tempting and can be used in cooking, pastries, tea, and desserts. Vanilla beans are found in Madagascar and are well known for their flavor, aroma, and creamy texture to suit your drinks, ice-creams, and baked foods.
Whether it is your morning tea, afternoon coffee, or after-dinner drink, adding a toffee nut syrup can enhance their goodness. You can also include or mix it with orange juice, almond-white cocoa, or almond cappuccino. It tastes nutty but not sugary, and it makes your drinks better and tasty. It has a strong smell of roasted nuts and has a rich toffee base with a bold macadamia nut taste.
Nothing can beat the joy of having hot chocolate as a vegan diet option. Most vegans prefer this drink in order to stop supporting the cruelty towards animals under PETA. The vegan hot cocoa gives you pleasure on a wintry night. And when mixed with mint, it enhances the flavor to no limit. The dark hot chocolates are available in mixes of mushroom and coconut milk. These drinking chocolates provide relaxation to the body and are rich in antioxidants, minerals, and fiber.
So when we talk about holiday drinks for vegans, it means a plant-based diet because plant-based foods are perfect for people who want to avoid dairy and animal products for good health reasons. The drinks should not be a part of processed foods. For the festive season or holidays, always try to prepare the drinks yourself and serve them hot to beat the cold. Avoid sugary drinks, high-calorie coffee drinks, and refined grains. Eat and drink healthy items mostly extracted directly from plants if you are allergic to dairy items because a vegan diet is the best substitute for healthy eating.